Discover the stories behind America’s revolutionary past and how they relate to your experiences today by visiting the American Independence Museum.
We need you to help us keep history lively and relevant. Your support helps
us provide educational programs to the community and preserve our historic
property. Our school programs and workshops benefit hundreds of school children
across New Hampshire and southern Maine. Public programs such as the American
Independence Festival introduce 18th-century history and heritage to people
of all ages. Your membership strengthens our commitment to history and education.
Give the Gift of Membership!
Give the gift of history the whole year long with a gift membership this holiday season. Buy one Individual or Family gift membership, receive the second (or more) Individual or Family gift memberships at 50% off! Gift membership orders must be received by Friday, December 13th in order to be delivered before December 25th
. Please call (603) 772-2622 or fill out this form
to purchase your Gift Membership today!
Individual ($35), Family ($50) and Partner ($125) members enjoy:
- Free admission to the Ladd-Gilman House and Folsom Tavern during our open season, as well as our American Independence Festival
- Individual receives free admission for one.
- Family receives free admission for 2 adults & 2 children.
- Partner receives free admission for 2 adults, 2 children & 2 additional guests.
- Reduced admission to Special events
- Invitation to Members Only Event
- 10% off Museum Gift Shop purchases
- Bi-Annual Museum e-newsletter, The Broadside
Leadership Giving Circles
Our Giving Circles support the museum at a deeper level and are recognized in our annual report. Giving Circle members receive complimentary Partner memberships, our annual holiday ornament, guest passes to share our story with friends and family, free admission to select special events, plus invitations to special leadership giving events.
John Adams Circle $250 - $499
Benjamin Franklin Circle $500 - $999
- 5 guest passes for museum tours
- up to $45 non tax-deductible
Thomas Jefferson Circle $1,000 - $2,499
- 10 guest passes for museum tours
- up to $75 non tax-deductible
General George Washington $2,500+
- 15 guest passes for museum tours and American Independence festival
- Behind-the-scenes tour for your family and friends
- One free ½ day rental of our Folsom Tavern
- Up to $475 non tax-deductible
- 25 guest passes for museum tours and American Independence Festival
- Behind-the-scenes tour for your family and friends followed by reception on our patio
- One free full day rental of our Folsom Tavern
- Up to $875 non tax-deductible
Additional Membership Categories
Libraries are invited and encouraged to become members of the museum. Library patrons will be able to use guest passes for both the museum and American Independence Festival, up to 2 adults and 2 children per day. To sign up as a Library member today, please use this form
Corporate Membership $250 - $2,500+
Corporate Members enjoy similar benefits to our Giving Circles. Sign up online, or please call our office at (603) 772-2622 to learn about more ways your company can support the museum in a meaningful way.
The General John Sullivan Society
You can be a permanent part of the American Independence Museum’s legacy! Our General John Sullivan Society recognizes individuals who have generously made a planned gift to the museum through a bequest, retirement asset, life income gift, or charitable lead trust. Please call us today at 603-772-2622 to learn more or let us know if you already named AIM in your estate plans.
Three easy ways to join!
- Contact us via email: email@example.com
- Download and complete the Membership
Form. and mail to Development Office, American Independence Museum, One Governors Lane, Exeter, NH 03833.
- Join online using the secure PayPal facility:
Become a Member By Joining Online via PayPal!
Note - you do not have to be a member of PayPal (or join it) to use this facility
Select a Membership Level and Click the Buy Now button
On the PayPal form, you are required to fill out the shipping information, even if it is the same as your home address. This information is forwarded to us by PayPal and is used for our membership database.
One Governors Lane,
Exeter, NH 03833
By phone: 603-772-2622
Whether its leading guided tours, teaching school programs, assisting
in the office, or serving customers in the Museum Gift Shop, you can be an
invaluable part of our team.
Click here for a Volunteer Application form.