- This event has passed.
Homeschool Day: Colonial Living Days – October 18
October 18 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Colonial Living Days provides students with the opportunity to learn from 18th century re-enactors who provide glimpses into various facets of everyday colonial life. Some examples of activities may include:
- Learning about the wardrobe of a colonial child
- Trying out some colonial games
- Experiencing what colonial school was like
- Hearing stories of sailors and maritime adventures
- Discussing the day in the life of a militia man
Please contact Abby Pietrantonio with any questions, or if you would like to register for this program. Space is limited for the program and pre-registration is required.
- This is not a drop-off program. Parents must accompany children for the duration of the program.
- Admission for the program must be paid in advance. Payment may be completed either online or at the museum. No refunds will be made unless the Museum cancels the event.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled program for check-in.
- The event will take place rain or shine. Please ask your students to dress appropriately for the weather, as some activities may take place outside.
- Due to the historic nature of the buildings, the museum is not handicap accessible.
- Parking is quite limited, so carpooling is encouraged. Two hour on-street parking is available and the Museum’s parking lot is located on Spring Street (behind Folsom Tavern). Please do not park in the lot located near the Ladd-Gilman House (yellow building) and bank or bank parking lot.
- Please feel free to utilize museum grounds for lunch, but please be sure to take any trash with you.