School Year Programs
We have a variety of education programs perfect for grade kindergarten to twelfth grade. Read more about our offerings below.
School programs for the 2019 calendar year are funded in part by a grant from the Massachusetts Society of the Cincinnati.
Cost: $7.00 per child; 90 minute program.
Would you have had the courage and wisdom to side with the patriots against the most powerful nation on earth, a decision that might lead to a charge of treason? Recreate the temper of the times through local characters that argued passionately on both sides and decide for yourself if you will take the Oath.
Cost: $6 per child; 90 minute program.
Assign students an object in the museum ahead of time, and then let them present their research findings to the class on the day of your visit. Our Education Manager can assist the teacher with any materials needed in advance of this lesson.
Cost: $5 per child; 60-90 minute program.
- Don colonial clothing and learn about the wardrobe of a colonial child
- Hear about the day in the life of a militia man from a local Revolutionary War participant
- Try out some colonial games, including hoops and graces
- Participate in a mock one-room school house demonstration
- Hear stories of sailors and maritime adventures
- Learn about the history behind our American flag
Cost: $8 per child; 90 minute program.
There is a 30 student minimum requirement to book the Colonial Living Days program
All programs have a 50 participant limit, which includes both students and adults. Teachers and aides are free of charge and additional chaperones are $5 per person.
- School programs are available on Wednesdays and Fridays; advance reservations are required.
- Due to the historic nature of the buildings, the Museum and grounds are not handicap accessible.
Please contact Education Manager Abigail Pietrantonio at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 603-772-2622 for more information and to book your program. We book up to one year in advance!