School Year Programs
School programs for the 2018 calendar year are funded in part by a grant from the Massachusetts Society of the Cincinnati.
New! Home School Day Program!
Schedule: 90 minute program, with 4 activities
Date: Friday, September 28, 2018
- Session 1: 10:00am – 11:30am
- Session 2: 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Cost: $8.00 per child, $5.00 per adult, Free for children under 2
- This is not a drop-off program. Parents must accompany children for the duration of the program.
- Admission for the program must be paid in advance. Payment may be completed either online or at the museum. No refunds will be made unless the Museum cancels the event.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled program for check-in.
- The event will take place rain or shine. Please ask your students to dress appropriately for the weather, as some activities may take place outside.
- Due to the historic nature of the buildings, the museum is not handicap accessible.
- Parking is quite limited, so carpooling is encouraged. Two hour on-street parking is available and the Museum’s parking lot is located on Spring Street (behind Folsom Tavern). Please do not park in the lot located near the bank and Ladd-Gilman House (yellow building) or bank parking lot.
- Please feel free to utilize museum grounds for lunch, but please be sure to take any trash with you.
Please email Abigail Pietrantonio at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or if you would like to register for this program. Space is limited for the program and pre-registration is required.
Buy Home School Tickets Here!
We have a variety of education programs perfect for grade kindergarten to twelfth grade. Read more about our offerings below.
Cost: $7.00 per child; 90 minute program.
Would you have had the courage and wisdom to side with the patriots against the most powerful nation on earth, a decision that might lead to a charge of treason? Recreate the temper of the times through local characters that argued passionately on both sides and decide for yourself if you will take the Oath.
Cost: $6 per child; 90 minute program.
Assign students an object in the museum ahead of time, and then let them present their research findings to the class on the day of your visit. Our Education Manager can assist the teacher with any materials needed in advance of this lesson.
Cost: $5 per child; 60-90 minute program.
- Don colonial clothing and learn about the wardrobe of a colonial child
- Hear about the day in the life of a militia man from a local Revolutionary War participant
- Try out some colonial games, including hoops and graces
- Participate in a mock one-room school house demonstration
- Hear stories of sailors and maritime adventures
- Learn about the history behind our American flag
Cost: $8 per child; 90 minute program.
There is a 30 student minimum requirement to book the Colonial Living Days program
All programs have a 50 participant limit, which includes both students and adults. Teachers and aides are free of charge and additional chaperones are $5 per person.
- School programs are available on Wednesdays and Fridays; advance reservations are required.
- Due to the historic nature of the buildings, the Museum and grounds are not handicap accessible.
Please contact Education Manager Abigail Pietrantonio at email@example.com or at 603-772-2622 for more information and to book your program. We book up to one year in advance!